Thursday, March 1, 2007

TV

I am enjoying a TV-free life. I have had a number of periods of time in my life when I did not watch any television and like before I am amazed how big of a difference it makes. It is not just that I have more time, although it is true. It also brings some sort of peace. I am more likely to do certain things now. For example, I took a bath a couple of nights ago. While it may not be the manliest thing to do but it is in line with a peaceful, contemlative lifestyle. Desribing the discipline of contemplation someone suggested that one should take a bath for God. The idea is that we need to do simple, peaceful things with God in mind and for His glory. Incidently, I did have a peaceful time of prayer and listening to God in the bath and am not embarassed by it. I doubt it could happen while watching Law & Order:SVU. At least, not to me.

No comments: